Saturday, November 1, 2014

NaBloPoMo: Committed, and an Introduction

NaBloPoMo November 2014So I decided to do NaBloPoMo.

This is probably slightly insane, given my writing track record for the past year or so, and given the fact that we'll be going away in late November to the Happiest Place on Earth.

But maybe that's exactly why I signed up in the first place.

Today feels a little bit like that first part of a roller coaster, when you're going up the first hill, listening to that clankety-clankety-clank of the chain dragging the cars, knowing that there's no way out but down.

There will likely be some shitty posts, but there will also likely be some decent ones.  I hope you'll come back this month.

My quick introduction: I'm a working and commuting parent to two small children, infertility survivor (that was how I found my tribe in the blogosphere), foodie, feminist, self-proclaimed writer and photographer wannabe and yogini who doesn't find enough time to practice.  For Halloween I went as Frida Kahlo, a Mexican artist best known for her self-portraits, for her work which is best known for its depiction of the female form, her experience of illness and reproductive failure, and indigenous Mexican culture.  I find her work and her life fascinating, and I love her exuberant, defiant spirit.  Apparently I make a face that looks a great deal like her, and I carry a cigarette like a natural, despite the fact that I've never smoked in my life.

What spirit did you channel for Halloween?

Annnnnnnnd: here we go!


The Commitments - Nowhere To Run from JB on Vimeo.
Pin It

7 comments:

  1. I'm doing it too! We can make this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. Maybe I should join you.

    And maybe I should find out why quiet time isn't so quiet right now...

    Our Halloween was literally frozen. How bout yours?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm quietly doing it too because I can't believe it given my own poor blogging track record this year.

    I think I channeled a witch or something for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there, I found you via the NaBloPoMo blogroll.

    A photo and a title counts, if all else fails. That is my current mantra. :)

    As part of NaBloPoMo I try to comment on as many participating blogs as I can, and I add participating blogs to my feed reader.

    So I'm just dropping by to let you know I've added your blog to my feedreader, I'm reading you loud and clear, I have a link up going at my place so my readers can find participating blogs which you are more than welcome to add your blog link to.

    Looking forward to seeing your posts, and you'll likely see me drop by again during November.

    Happy NaBloPoMo to you!
    Snoskred
    www.snoskred.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm doing NaBloPoMo too :) Will follow your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I admire you for doing this!

    And I LOVE "The Commitments"!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...