Mel tagged us all with a meme. So I did what Mel told me to. Because why not.
1. When was the last time you cut your hair? Did you like the haircut?
Too long ago. October, maybe? I'm due for another. I always get the same cut. Though it feels a little shorter every time.
2. Grapes with seeds or seedless?
Seedless. Too much work to spit out the seeds. But I wonder ... how do the seedless grapes feel? #Englishmajorproblems
3. When was the last time you went to a fancy party? What did you wear?
Probably my husband's company party last January. I wore a long black drapey thing with spaghetti straps and a sheer black scarf. We didn't go this year, but it's probably for the best, since the dress doesn't currently fit me ... *sigh*
4. What colour is your bedroom wall?
Light green. Not quite hospital color.
5. The worst smell in the world is…
Rotten eggs. Or egg salad. Or maybe white vinegar. Or egg salad with vinegar.
6. Last thing you spat out.
A piece of cake that wasn't worth the calories? Yeah, I think that's right. Not my daughter's birthday cake, though. That was AMAZING.
7. Do you sing when no one is around? What do you usually sing?
I sing whatever is currently in my head ... which is usually some form of rock or pop. I can thank my kids for that. Today, it's "Una Paloma Blanca." Don't laugh.
8. Your least favourite name (and it’s okay if it’s Melissa; I can take it).
Heather, maybe? There were simply too many of them when I was growing up. They're better now, though. I know several.
9. Did you like the food served at the last dinner party you went to?
Last dinner party I went to was my book group. The two guys who hosted are talented cooks. And they make it look effortless. There was Thai soup, and sesame noodles with edamame, and some fabulously decadent concoction for dessert involving caramel and chocolate and whipped cream.
10. What is your most prized possession? Would you kill a unicorn in order to save your most prized possession?
Wow ... that's a tough one. I don't think I have a prized possession. Certainly, if I do have one, it's not worth killing a unicorn for. (Um, Harry Potter much, Mel?)
Mel asks us to pose some questions, too. Here are mine.
1. What would you do with $5000 and eight weeks to spent it however you want, without any other responsibilities to worry about?
2. What is your least favorite chore?
3. What do you wish you had more time to do?
4. Where is the career you'd least want to have?
5. What would you do for a living in another life?
6. What superpower would you want: flight or invisibility?
7. What was the last book you read? Was it any good?
8. Which would you be: Anna, Elsa, or Olaf?
9. Describe your ideal day off.
10. Pose your own question and answer it.
Cut and paste the questions onto your blog and answer them, and then pose 10 of your own. Or not. Or just commiserate in the comments.